Monday, March 2, 2009

Flowers on a Cold Day

In two weeks time, students will be enjoying Spring Break. This is a misnomer! There's no sign of Spring in Ontario. Instead, we are in a deep freeze for the past 4 days and this is expected to last until the end of this week. Enough already! Really, 25 degrees below 0 is getting the best of me :-(

My dear husband must be sensing my misery ... he brought roses for me today to cheer me up!

Lovely, sweet and timely ....thanks!


You love the roses - so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain

From off the shaken bush.
Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light

As feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be

Like sleeping and like waking, all at once!

-George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...