Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Day The Time Stood Still

Monday, May 5. I came home from work and there was a message on our phone voice mail box. It was my sister from Manila telling me to call her ASAP. The tone of her voice lack the usual cheerfulness. The call was made at 3:30 AM {Manila Time}. At that moment, I swear, my heart just stopped beating. Why would she call me at this time if nothing's wrong? Is it my mom, my dad, my nephew/s? Please God, not any of them.

For 2 hours I tried to reach them {mom's house, sister's house, their cell phones} but my effort was futile! It was the longest 2 hours of my life ... until finally my sister called again. My dad had a heart attack and was rushed to the ICU.

Heart Attack. ICU. My dad. The words did not register at first. In my line of work, these words are "normal". I say them almost everyday except the words MY DAD. Then it hits me! I can't imagine him in ICU. I am my Papa's girl and I can picture him in 100 different ways except being seriously sick.

The last 3 days were very hard. I wanted to be by his side and tell him that everything will be OK. I also wanted to be with my mom and sister so that together we can be strong for him. But I am miles and miles away from them. With my husband's support and my faith, we waited patiently and by God's Grace, my dad survived!

To all our friends who included us in your prayers, thank you so much. Through our prayers my dad is now recuperating at home, where he belongs!

My dad is a joker! My mom took this photo almost 12 years ago when dad lost his front tooth! That's me and my sister Jane with our loving father.

God is great ... always,


2 comments:

  1. Hi hun!!!I couldnt be happier hearing that your Dad is ok. In Gods faith nothing is impossible.I know the feeling of being away as my mom is sick atm too. Hope that your dad would recover fast!!!Ill continue praying darl!Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that your dad is completely on his way to recovery. Ingat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...