Friday, April 13, 2012

Bites and Nibbles @ Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine

Location : 372 Ouellette Ave. Windsor, Ontario
Famous for : Shish kabob, shihs tawook, pita bread


My hubby Jayvee and I drove to Windsor a week ago to attend a charity dinner with Al Pacino. The drive was a little over 4 hours from Toronto and we reached Windsor around lunchtime. Since I have been reading good reviews about the food at Mazaar, we decided to have lunch there and see if this is really "The place you must visit", as they claim in their website.

As soon as we entered the place, I knew were in for a treat. The interior was tastefully done, warm, cozy and inviting. The service was excellent - while waiting for our food to be served, our waiter was entertaining us with  stories behind the beautiful murals. 


The pita bread was freshly baked - surrendering its softness to the flavorful hummus.


We had calamari which was tender, crispy and just the right amount of herbs to make you grab for more. I also tried the eggplant antipasto - baby eggplant stuffed with walnuts and red pepper marinated in garlic olive oil.


The main course, tenderloin shish kabob {the beef was so tender!} was served with fattoush salad and beryani rice. I don't think the photos below did not give justice to the medley of flavors that treated my taste buds.


If they claim that Mazaar is the place to visit, I couldn't agree more!

Bil-hanā wa ash-shifā!

Mazaar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...