Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bites and Nibbles @ Man Doo Hyan



Location: 169 Dundas Street East, Mississauga Ontario
Famous For: Authentic Korean Cuisine

Before trying a restaurant, normally I read reviews of what we are about to experience. Although I keep an open mind about what I read, I still want to prepare my taste buds' "expectations" for another gustatory adventure.
Yesterday was different. Out of hunger, my husband Jayvee just picked the first restaurant he saw along Dundas street in Mississauga {we are not familiar with this part of town since we live 70 kilometers away}. I was hesitant at first because from the outside, it doesn't look so promising. But thanks to my growling tummy, we went inside and I'm so glad we did!


The place was packed with Korean families {first sign that the place must be good} so we ended up on the other side of the restaurant where tatami tables and floor pillows were set up for an authentic Korean dinning experience.


The appetizers, my favorite kimchee {which was so good} and pickled radish were just enough to whet my appetite.



The main dishes {Korean bone soup for my hubby and bibimbap for me - served on super hot dolsot stone bowl} were equally delicious and satisfying. Ground rice tea with a hint of herbs were served continuously throughout the meal. Too bad we were already full to try their dim sum.


On the wall were numerous framed letters written in Korean alphabets and I can only guess  they were written by satisfied food lovers  like us!


Man Doo Hyang on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...