Monday, April 8, 2013

Bites and Nibbles @ Momofuku Noodle Bar

I went to Momofuku Noodle Bar in November last year - three months after it opened its door to Torontonians. There were lots of hype about the place so I thought it was worth traveling from Ajax to give their ramen a try.

I arrived just in time for lunch so the place was already in full swing. I was seated right away by a friendly staff  in one of the communal tables and in no time, another staff came to introduce the items on the menu.


I settled for these with much anticipation .....


The pork bun was truly a gustatory delight - soft and light bun welcoming the flavours of the perfectly cooked pork belly. The hoisin sauce and green onion slices kicked it up a notch. I paired this treat with the Momofuku ramen which was a dissappontment. I find the broth salty and not hot enough {sorry, I like mine hot - ramen or otherwise *-*}. For somebody who grew up in Asia where ramen is a staple food, this one didn't meet my expectations. I will go back and try other things on the menu - just another reason to have pork bun - on the side!

MOMOFUKU NOODLE BAR
190 University Ave. Toronto

Momofuku Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...