Thursday, August 29, 2013

Baked Chicken with Honey Lemon and Oregano Sauce


I saw this recipe from an old magazine in the waiting room of my doctor's clinic. The orgeano on the dish caught my eyes knowing that I have lots of it in my herb garden. Unfortunately I don't have a pen and paper with me so I trusted my good o'l memory to help me when I get home and try the dish for dinner.


With just a few ingredients, this chicken dish is truly delicious! I served it with crusty country bread and we had a perfect al fresco dinner in the backyard.

Baked Chicken with Honey Lemon and Oregano Sauce

Ingredients
3 chicken legs (with thigh attached)
juice of 1 large lemon 
2 tbsp honey
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
 4 sprigs of  fresh oregano, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
10 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup low salt chicken broth or plain water
1 lb. French green beans
2 tbsp coriander or parsley, chopped

Procedure
In a marinating dish/bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, garlic, oregano and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.

Add chicken and coat with the honey lemon sauce mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add the tomatoes, and 1/4 cup water to the chicken and honey lemon oregamo mixture, place in the oven (uncovered), and bake for 50 minutes or until done.

While the chicken is cooking, blanch the French green beans in boiling water for  about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and set aside. 

When chicken is almost done (when skin is turning golden brown) add the cooked beans to the dish. Before serving, add the chopped coriander or parsley. Serve with your favorite crusty bread to sop up the delicious sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...