Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bites and Nibbles @ MUST Kitchen and Bar


Lately (well, since I started  cutting down on my caloric intake), the foodie side of me gravitates toward restaurants that serve small plates or tapas. While in Ottawa two weeks ago, I found MUST Kitchen and Wine Bar that serves this kind of small treats .

I arrived at the quaint restaurant shortly after 5 PM on a weekday so I had the whole place to myself for at least an hour to take pictures and admire the ambiance - exposed stone walls, dark wood beams and panel, off white comfy cushions, pickled vegetables and jams in mason jars - this is my kind of place!

 
 

There are a lot of interesting items from their small plate menu, in the end I settled for Truffle Brulee and Crostini's paired with a glass of Pinot Grigio. Both choices were excellent but if I a have the opportunity to be back here, I will have the crostini's  again. The seared duck breast was tender soaking up the flavours  of orange curry demi and jalapeno jelly. They are called "small plates" for a reason - but the flavors and presentation of the food here (at least the ones I tried) truly satisfy.

 
 

 MUST Kitchen & Wine Bar
41 William St. Ottawa, ON
(Byward Market)

Must Kitchen & Wine Bar on Urbanspoon



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...