Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bites and Nibbles @ Congee King

One of my mom's recipes that was passed on to me and my sister is mom's version of Goto/congee (see recipe here}. It is delicious and a real comfort food. I don't mind the time it takes to cook it from scratch BUT if we are in hurry, I don't mind trying congee from Chinese restaurants.

I have been to Congee King in Scarborough area about three times - the menu has a bit of everything Chinese including dimsum {I prefer Rol San or Perfect for dimsum}. After trying some dishes, I'd stick to congee when visiting this place.


From this visit we tried the Super Congee Super Bowl - a huge portion with plenty of beef, pork, shrimps,octopus and fish balls toppings. There's also a raw egg on it adding flavor to the rice porridge.One large serving is good enough for 2-3 persons if not ordering anything else.


A congee food trip will not be complete without fried tofu so here it goes ... deep fried chili tofu - crispy, spicy and downright sinful!


   CONGEE KING   
4271 Sheppard Ave E 
Scarborough


Congee King on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...