Thursday, July 17, 2014

I am NOT moving again .... unless....


Moving. is. stressful. Period.


Our moving date is less than a week away. Hubby and I can't contain our excitement about the new house in the countryside. We've made plans on the look and feel of the house including new breeds of chickens we want to add to the existing coup.BUT, before we can do that, we have to finish packing all belongings we accumulated in the last 10 years. And there's a LOT! In fact it is overwhelming. I had a couple of "breakdowns" already. Part of it was due to exhaustion but more so because I am struggling to part ways with things that hold so much memories - pots and pans that  witnessed my experiments is the kitchen, books (lots of them!) that entertained me during the long winter months, Christmas decorations the once gave life to the bare tree, old tea towels that are now so comfy to dry your hands with .... the list goes on and on! 

How do you say farewell to these inanimate things?

I found this piece from one of my favorite lifestyle bloggers Jenni Epperson.


I may be parting ways with a lot of things that are not at all beautiful but most of them were once upon a time useful. I am not saying farewell. I will just say THANK YOU for all the memories these things brought to our lives. Memories that I can bring  with me ....

I am not moving again .... unless ....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...