Wednesday, October 7, 2015

For the Love of Prof. McGonagall {Our Halloween Decor}


I don't normally put Halloween decorations at home because I'm not a fan of those gory and/or scary decor normally associated with Halloween. I have to say though that Halloween or not, I am fascinated by witches - girl power, mother nature, natural healing and mystery {I don't believe in magic but I believe in God's daily miracles}. I buy books about witches and my hubby even drove me from Montreal to Salem several years ago to learn more about the fate of the so-called Salem witches. My fascination to witches was fueled even more by the Harry Potter series!

Right off the bat, let it be known that Prof. Minerva McGonagall is my favorite Hogwarts teacher. She is feisty, strict, no nonsense but her heart belongs to her beloved students. The most protective chicken in my coop is named Prof. McGongall in honour of the brave elderly witch. When a very good friend of mine gave me a witch stuffed doll {which I named Prof. M. of course!} years ago, I knew I have to use it in my decor one of these days and so I did!

First, I need a broomstick {remember, Prof. McGonagall gave Harry his first broomstick - the Nimbus 2000} so I cried out a summoning charm "Accio broomstick" {of course NOT!}.  All I did was took some of my dried lavender, a twig and tied them together and voila .... my own Flower Firebolt!


I found this "Park your broom, stay for a spell" wall art at HomeSense, raided my kitchen for a mortar and pestle and a couple of condiment bottles, add a glass of orange and black jelly beans and some plastic spiders and there you go .... my Halloween witch's potion table. 


For the muggles {non magic folks} out there, Prof. McGonagall's patronus {a difficult charm, many witches and wizards are unable to produce a full corporeal patronus - a guardian which generally takes the shape of the animal with whom they share the deepest affinity}  and animagus {a witch or wizard who can morph him or herself into animal at will} shape was that of a grey tabby cat. My beloved Muning {a grey tabby cat} just appeared in on my doorstep a year ago {hmmm, coincidence or not? hihihi}.


For the love of Prof. McGonagall, here is my potion table at day .....


..... and at night! Come, park you broom and stay for a spell or two! Alohomora!


Post scrip : after writing this post, all the spiders on the mirror are gone, Muning got them all and hid them somewhere. Oh well, tomorrow I can surely find them .... Wingardium Leviosa!



Linking with : The Scoop   *   Wow Us Wednesday   *   Treasure Hunt Thursday


1 comment:

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...