Monday, January 11, 2016

DIY | Lavender Bath Salt


Making my own body pampering essentials is on my bucket list for a long time now. Since one of my January goals is to "do more and dream less", I thought why not start working on these body pampering essentials like bath salt, body scrub, massage oil and lip exfoliant. So, yesterday while it was snowy and windy outside, I was busy in the kitchen like a "scientist" mixing a bit of this and a drop of that ... after less than an hour, I checked off another item on my bucket list! And the scents of lavender, lemongrass and peppermint in the kitchen was heavenly!


These lavender flowers I harvested from my garden and air-dried last fall were finally put to use. I initially planed on making my own lavender essential oil but I still don't have enough plants to produce the amount of flowers I need {maybe this year}. 


For the meantime, I have been sourcing organic pure essential oils from SAJE or TIME & AGAIN for the last few months so I now have at least my favorite scents in my stash {lavender, bergamot, peppermint, lemongrass, and tea tree}.


Here's what you need to make your own Lavender Bath Salt:

2 cups Epsom salts 
1/4 cup sea salt (optional)
1/2 cup baking soda
4 tablespoons lavender flowers
40 drops lavender pure essential oil 

In a dry bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. Store in covered jar to prevent moisture. Now you can enjoy a fragrant and soothing hot bath using this homemade bath salt.

Note: Test product on hand before use for skin sensitivities. 
          Epsom salts soothe tired muscle
          Baking soda softens waters and alleviate skin irritation


Personally, after a long tiring day, I find it hard to fall asleep. I count sheep and talk to the Shepherd. I still do that, but that is after taking a relaxing hot fragrant bath!

P.S. Will share other DIY pampering essentials on my next posts.

Linking with :  *  Share Your Style  *  Sundays at Home  *  Creative Collection  *  Amaze Me Monday  *  The Scoop  *  Tweak it Tuesday  *  Treasure Hunt Thursday  *

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Were we on the same brain pattern...I made peppermint bath salts and posted about it! I love how you used your own lavender...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your sweet words.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...